LexisNexis and Janders Dean invite legal professionals and organisations to submit entries for industry awards
Sydney, Australia, 2 May 2017: The 2017 Legal Innovation Index is now open for entry, inviting pioneering firms and legal teams across Australia and New Zealand to submit their market-changing innovations.
The Index was launched in 2013 by Janders Dean, in partnership with LexisNexis, seeking to identify individuals and organisations across Australia and New Zealand that differentiate themselves from their peers by exemplifying innovation. Recognition can be achieved in areas like business development, client service delivery or legal community education.
“Since the inception of this Index, we have been proud to see some amazing innovations being rolled out by legal firms, in-house counsels and individual innovators,” explains Simon Wilkins, General Manager, LexisNexis Australia.
“The legal industry faces change year-on-year and we are optimistic about the new practices and strategies that are being implemented to make sure that we as an industry embrace the opportunities provided by these challenges.”
Over the past five years of the Legal Innovation Index awards, winners have contributed significantly to the greater good by executing their winning ideas. In order to recognise these contributions, LexisNexis and Janders Dean are pleased to bring a number of these individuals on board to be part of the judging process.
This year, the awards will see a familiar face return. Des Butler, QUT Faculty of Law Professor, was named a winner in the 2016 Index in recognition of his innovative use of technology in legal education. Des will join the judging panel for the 2017 Index, bringing many years’ experience of excellence and innovation in legal education.
Justin North, Founder, Janders Dean, said “The legal sector continuously faces technological and social change and in a time of great noise and confusion around innovation in our industry, there are individuals and organisations who are moving towards true differentiation.
“The Index sets a benchmark that distinguishes true innovators from the crowd, recognising those who continue to embrace change in order to shape the future of the legal sector.”
The 2017 panel of judges includes:
- Whit Lee, Executive Director Legal Software Solutions & Strategy, LexisNexis (APAC)
- Samantha Fernando, Head of Organisational Development, Talent Pillar Lead, PwC (APAC)
- Ryanne Lai, Global Head of Partnerships, Dragon Law (APAC)
- Professor Des Butler, Professor of Law, Queensland University of Technology (AU)
- Jaci Langford, Corporate Lawyer and Company Secretary, Lonely Planet (AU)
- Justin Moses, Head of Knowledge & Development; Compliance, Legal & Secretariat, Westpac Banking Corporation (AU)
- Chloe Bennett, Student Executive Committee Member, The Legal Forecast (AU)
- Monica Parker, Founder, HATCH Analytics (UK)
- Justin North, Founder, Janders Dean (UK)
- Edward Hartman, Co-Founder, LegalZoom (US)
- Nicole Shanahan, Founder & CEO, ClearAccessIP (US)
- Karl Haraldsson, Senior Consultant, Janders Dean (US)
Index Winners will be presented in Sydney at a private event on Wednesday 30 August 2017.
Entries close on 12 July 2017. To enter go to http://legalinnovation.com.au/.